We've moved our blog here! This page will be kept online as an archive for our decade of blog posts.
Met a stray cat that needs rescue? Go to our website to submit a Rescue Request
Want to adopt a cat from us? Here are the cats that are up for adoption!
Come volunteer to clean the foster space and play with kitties!
Wish to give to Love Kuching Project? Deposit to our DBS Current Account 027-907655-0 or find out other ways to give here


Thursday, November 26, 2009

slinky on the sofa


"When is my strawberry bed coming? Yawn."
Taking pictures of Slinky has been proving challenging lately. Normally I just take pictures of her lying around like a slouch of fur. But to get a proper cat-portrait of her is quite a feat - maybe because Slinky holds such a special place in my heart that I want her to look her best. Also, I want her to look distinguishable from other black cats I have photographed like Zoukie and Boy which isn't much except for her white whiskers, paws and locket. This picture is by far the best I have taken today using our gift-camera. I am not sure if I will use her picture on the notecards for fund-raising, mainly because I didn't actually 'rescue' her, she let herself into my house and just wanted to live with me from that day on. Unless I can find the right caption for her that is congruent with 'Scooter, local kitten rescued from Block 316 Ubi' I think I will leave her out of the cards. Maybe in our coffee-table book (another big idea I hope to carry out when we can)...