We've moved our blog here! This page will be kept online as an archive for our decade of blog posts.
Met a stray cat that needs rescue? Go to our website to submit a Rescue Request
Want to adopt a cat from us? Here are the cats that are up for adoption!
Come volunteer to clean the foster space and play with kitties!
Wish to give to Love Kuching Project? Deposit to our DBS Current Account 027-907655-0 or find out other ways to give here


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

another notecard design - do share your pics!

I no longer have Adobe Photoshop on my computer, so I have been playing around with MS Office 7 (my new desktop has it) which is kind of like the Vista version of MS Office. It has some amazing picture-editing abilities like borders and effects, and even though it is Microsoft it is actually good enough to use for card-making. Hence I used Word to make my drafts of the notecards.

Here is a screenshot of what I did on MS Word 7.

I will probably be taking more pictures with our gift-camera, of stray cats around Ubi if I cannot find enough Ubi Kuching Project pet cats' pics to use. I need 6 more pictures. If you would like to contribute, please email them to me. The pictures should be in high resolution, portrait-style.

I will be writing up the photo-credits and individual stories of the cats featured in each of the notecards - there will be 10 in all - on this blog as an adjunct to the purchase of each set of notecards. This is so as not to cram the card with a barrage of words as well as to act as a teaser for recipients of the card to get click-happy and visit our blog! I felt that less-is-more but if you do have any feedback on what more ought to be on the back of the card, do feel free to voice them out.